" The Kingdom is using eGovernment as a tool to enhance the civic participation in its institutions and processes. Following steps have been taken:
1. The opinion of the citizens, residents and the businesses was sought through voice of customer and voice of business surveys. The strategy has taken their expectations and aspiration into account.
2. The websites of all the ministries are available in Arabic language. This is a safeguard against the exclusion of the non-English speaking populace. Similarly, most websites have an English content as well to ensure that the expatriates and visitors to Bahrain find the websites useful.
3. Directory of key government functionaries with their contact information is available on the national portal.
4. A feedback system and an online poll system will be available to facilitate a feedback mechanism from the customers to the government on the national portal. Some of the ministries already provide this facility on their web sites.
5. The Kingdom is establishing Citizen Services Centers and self service kiosks besides provisioning government services through the mobile so as to reach even those people who may not be able to afford a PC and /or internet connection.