" The term here of launch may be restrictive and in fact covers aspects of launch, re-launch or market to raise the awareness for Kuwait citizens and residents of the services that are available. There are only limited on-line payment capabilities for government services but the overall government payment systems are planned and in development. The rapid and secure launch of such a service would be fundamental for e-government development. There are elements of this secure facility in place but not well understood, this development of such process and structure into the everyday culture of Kuwait can be expected to happen. It would be assisted with the work related to the answer for Question 4 (increase the involvement of the citizens).
1. The electronic ID for all citizens to enable them to securely access and use online transactions and services is available;
2. Legislation that would legalize electronic signatures and that would protect the citizen against cybercrime would need to be reviewed and ratified as part of full online payment implementation;
3. Online payments for and as part of government services is a key success factor for e-government development
4. Building and maintaining confidence for the use of on-line services whether via private or public Internet access points to ensure no digital divide develops. This does not just consider those citizens or residents that do not have or cannot afford a computer and/or an Internet connection but also those who are afraid or unsure of paying for things that way.
5. The e-Diwania project nears completion and this offers much in terms of promoting the use of e-Government services and the success of this would encourage the further successful development of many planned services that are under construction.